The day-to-day administration of the Group’s investment portfolio and the maintenance of the Group’s accounting data is managed internally, with the custody of its investments outsourced to third-party service suppliers. Accordingly, our audit work is concentrated on acquiring an understanding of, and evaluating, inside controls by the Group and inspecting records and documents held by the third-get together service suppliers. We undertook substantive testing on vital transactions, balances and disclosures, the extent of which was based mostly on numerous factors similar to our total evaluation of the management surroundings, the effectiveness of controls over particular person methods and the management of specific risks.
Travel Accessories & Products
- All copyright and database rights throughout the index values and constituent listing vest in FTSE.
- The Board considers that size of service doesn’t necessarily compromise the independence or contribution of directors of funding belief corporations where experience and continuity can be a significant strength.
- ‘FTSE®’ is a commerce mark jointly owned by the London Stock Exchange plc and the Financial Times Limited (the ‘FT’) and is used by FTSE International Limited (‘FTSE’) beneath licence.
- On appointment to the Board, Directors are totally briefed as to their obligations by the Chairman, the Investment Manager and the Company Secretary.
- The Directors possess a variety of business and financial expertise relevant to the direction of the Group and Company and think about that they commit adequate time to the Group and Company’s affairs.
Directors are solely entitled to fees in accordance with the Directors’ Remuneration Policy as accredited by shareholders. None of the Directors has any entitlement to pensions or pension-related advantages, medical or life insurance, share choices, lengthy-time period incentive plans, or any type of efficiency-related pay. Also, no Director has any right to any fee by way of financial equal, or any property of the Company besides in their capability as shareholders. There is not any discover interval and no provision for compensation upon lack of workplace.
Changes to entries on the Register of Members after that time shall be disregarded in figuring out the rights of any person to vote by proxy on the assembly. Holders of Zero Dividend Preference shares are not entitled to attend, converse or vote at General Meetings until the business of the meeting includes a resolution to differ, modify or abrogate the rights hooked up to the Zero Dividend Preference shares. The Company was launched on 12 May 1999, raising £21.38 million before bills, by a placing of 15,000,000 Ordinary shares and, by way of its former subsidiary company, Small Companies PLC, 6,250,000 Zero Dividend Preference shares and 31,260 Preference shares. A additional 750,000 Ordinary shares were issued on account of a inserting for cash on three March 2000 and on 26 October 2005 a further 500,000 shares were issued. The subsidiary, Small Companies PLC, was placed into members’ voluntary liquidation on 30 April 2007, following which the capital entitlements of the Zero Dividend Preference and Preference shares had been repaid.